Ever wonder what you could do with dog fur? I bet you have never thought about dog fur being useful, have you? In this blog you learn 7 things you can do with dog fur.
Dog fur has always been an irritating to pick up and throw away, but what if i told you that dog fur could be really useful to yourself and the environment! Dog fur could be used for some many things, for example knitting clothes or to clean up oil spills.
Here are some uses of dog fur:
1. Most of the dog fur that will be knitted is usually spoon like sheep wool. Sometimes dog fur is mixed with other animal animal hair, like alpaca fleece, to make sheep wool.
2. Most people don’t think about dog fur when it comes to the environment, but did you know dog fur is really useful to birds? Most birds can use the dog fur to build their nest so they can keep the young birds warm. Now I bet you are way curious about dog fur now.
3. Did you know that you could actually use dog fur to make three-dimensional crafts? Dog fur can actually be used to make felt. By using soapy water you can rub the dog fur together until it tangles into a sheet. This sheet can we sewn together and used like any other felt you would buy at a craft store!
4. Have you ever had a problem with your dog ever chasing the pest out of your backyard? Most people use dog fur in their yard to warn the pests that their is something that is much bigger than them and the pests tend to leave the yard.
5. Ever struggled with oil spills and never had a way to clean it up? Well if you didn’t know this, then I guess you learned a cool new way to clean an oil spills! When an oil spill happens the dog fur is great for soaking up the oil spills!
6. Wanna know how to make a pillow with dog fur? A lot of people usually wanna make beds or stuffed toys for their dogs, but I bet those people struggled to find good stuffing for their four-legged friends. Why would you wanna take the risk of using stuffing that could harm your four-legged friends, when you could actually use dog fur to make dog beds and stuffed toys!
7. Dog fur is also great for growing plants in your garden. Dog fur has a lot of nitrogen in it. So when the dog fur decomposes it actually releases nitrogen for the plants to grow. It also helps maintain plant temperature.
Next time you find dog hair laying around your house why don’t you do something creative with it!!!
By: Beyliegh L.Mullins