The fertilizer we added to the top soil.

We recently tested the soil in each of the greenhouse beds and discovered that the beds were incredibly nutrient deficient. Oddly enough they had just enough nutrients to keep alive the crops that we had. To combat the nutrient deficiency we added compost to the soil. After adding it in we turned the soil to evenly distribute the nutrient rich compost with preexisting soil.

After adding in the compost our garden coordinator, Kate, thought of using some of the fertilizer left behind from past coordinators. She decided to add a complete fertilizer that she hopes will add a significant amount of nutrients to the top soil. Unfortunately this fertilizer could have been exposed to the elements because it is undetermined exactly how old it is. Overall, this process should bring us closer to a more productive and healthy garden.

Advertisements